How to Redeem and Use a Steam Gift Card
if you love playing PC games, you should have come across a Steam gift card as a means of acquiring new PC games. However, the card cannot be used to buy games directly until you fund the steam gift card which is most times called the steam wallet.
Redeeming, funding, or using a steam gift card can be a little bit complex, but if you carefully read this article till the end, you would be able to redeem and use your steam gift card.
We will also guide you on the different ways you can fund a steam gift card so you do not have to find a third party to do it for you.
How to Redeem Your Steam Gift Card
To use your gift card, you’ll need to open the Steam client on your PC. You may also go to steampowered.com to access the Steam website. Following these instructions will allow you to redeem Steam Wallet codes and put funds into your wallet after it has been opened.
- Go to your account name in the top right corner and go to Account Details.
2. Under the Store and Purchase History section, select Add funds to your Steam Wallet.
3. On the next page, look under the right-hand sidebar that reads Your Steam Account and click on Redeem a Steam Gift Card or Wallet Code.
4. In the text box, enter your Steam Wallet Code, which is the code on the back of your gift card. Then click Continue.
5. In order for Steam to compute sales tax, you’ll need to input a postal address if you haven’t already. Then press the Continue button.
Your wallet will now include the funds from the gift card. Your money will always be visible in the top-right corner next to your account name.
You may also check your wallet funds by navigating to your Steam account name and selecting View my Wallet. On the right-hand side of the screen, you’ll see your available cash.
How to Use Your Steam Wallet Funds
You’ll be able to utilize the funds in the Steam Store when they’ve been loaded into your wallet. To use your digital gift card dollars to purchase a game, follow the instructions below.
- Select the Steam game you wish to play and click Add to Cart when you’ve found it. You’ll be sent to a page where you can pick whether to purchase for yourself or as a gift. Choose the desired option.
2. Your payment method will automatically be set to your Steam Wallet. You can select Payment Info at the top of the screen to go back to this page to make sure it’s selected from the dropdown.
3. On the Review + Purchase page, check the box to agree to the Steam Subscriber Agreement, then select Purchase at the bottom
Where Can You Get Steam Gift Cards or Wallet Codes?
Steam gift cards may be found at most big retail outlets, and the wallet code can be found on the back of the cards. A digital Steam gift card may be purchased directly from Steam or from a website like Amazon.
There are a slew of additional websites that offer Steam Wallet Codes, which may be delivered through text message or email. You input the code in the same location as the instructions above to redeem these in the same way as a real gift card.
Adding a Steam Gift Card From a Different Currency
Depending on whatever area you live in, the Steam shop is set in a certain currency. As a result, if you get a Steam gift card or wallet code in a foreign currency, you may have some difficulty adding your cash. In order to avoid gift card frauds, Steam altered the method for redeeming gift cards in various currencies.
If your gift card is accepted, it will be converted to the currency specified for your Steam shop. You’ll get a payment error if you don’t do so. If you’re trying to add Steam money using a gift card that isn’t in the same currency as your Steam shop, you should contact Steam Support.
Play New Games Using a Steam Gift Card
With the help of this instruction, you should now be able to download and play some amazing new video games via Steam. Gift cards are an exciting present to get, especially for Steam, which has a large selection of games.