Best Air Fryer Tilapia recipes
Frying can be challenging, even more so when trying to live a healthy lifestyle, but this air fryer tilapia is the ideal solution for keeping the fish crispy and flavorful.
These tilapia fillets are air fried until crisp and delectable, utilising minimal oil and pan time. In less than 20 minutes, you’ll have tilapia that’s as soft as velvet on the inside and crispy on the outside, ready to serve with your favourite sauce.
Why Use an Air Fryer to Cook Tilapia?
If you don’t already own an air fryer, we’ve compiled a list of the best. The air fryer enables you to prepare healthy, quick, and inventive meals in record time.
This fried tilapia recipe uses very little oil, making it a quick supper that won’t jeopardise your health.
How should I defrost tilapia?
Thawing tilapia is simplest if you place it in the refrigerator overnight. If the tilapia piece is not too large, you may thaw it in the refrigerator for an hour by soaking it in cold water.
- Air fryer.
- Locking pliers made of stainless steel
- Stainless steel cups
- Spoons for weighing
- Stainless steel mixing bowls.
- Magnetic Air Fryer Cheat Sheet: This handy tool includes cooking times and temperatures for the 66 components most often used in air fryer recipes.
- Air fryer parchment liner: It’s ideal for steaming and frying fried foods such as french fries or chicken without the food clinging to the basket.
3 best Air fryer recipe
1. Standard Air fryer tilapia recipe
- 2 tilapia fillets
- ¼ tablespoon olive oil (olive or vegetable)
- ¼ cup dry breadcrumbs – You may substitute gluten-free breadcrumbs if you follow a gluten-free diet.
- Powdered paprika (1 tablespoon)
- cayenne pepper, one-tenth of a teaspoon
- freshly ground black PEPPER, one-tenth of a teaspoon
- powdered or granulated GARLIC, one-tenth of a teaspoon
- onion powder, one-tenth of a teaspoon
- salt, quarter of teaspoon.
How to air fry tilapia: Step by step preparation
- Fresh or high-quality frozen tilapia fillets may be used, but they must be defrosted well before breading and frying.
- Before breading the tilapia fillets, brush them with oil. Virgin olive oil, canola oil, and vegetable oil are all acceptable substitutes.
- To make the breading, begin with store-bought or homemade dry breadcrumbs that have been seasoned with desired spices such as onion, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt.
- Season with breadcrumbs and brush off excess breading before cooking each tilapia fillet.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes at 390°F (200°C) in an air fryer, flipping after 8-10 minutes.
- Fresh tilapia fillets or frozen tilapia fillets that have been thoroughly thawed may be used.
- Fillets should be firm and not too thin, since tiny strips will not work in this recipe.
- Inadequate browning of the tilapia will occur if the fryer basket is overcrowded.
Note: Cooking times may need to be adjusted according to the thickness of the tilapia and the type of fryer used. When a fork easily flakes the tilapia, then it is cooked .
2. Non-sticky Air Fryer tilapia recipe
If you’re looking for an inexpensive and delectable holiday lunch alternative, try this non-sticky Air Fryer tilapia meal. It serves two people well and takes little time to prepare; however, the proportions can easily be doubled to serve more people.
For this recipe, season tilapia fillets with lemon, olive oil, salt, and pepper, as well as optional dill seeds. Let’s discuss some quick tips for air-frying tilapia that isn’t sticky!
Non-sticky Air Fryer Tilapia ingredient
- Two fillets of tilapia
- 1 lemon, juiced or in boiling water
- Olive oil, 1 strand
- Salt, 1 tbsp.
- A pinch of dill seeds (optional)
- 1 freshly ground tsp. black pepper
How to make non-sticky Air Fryer Tilapia
- Marinate the tilapia fillets in lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and dill for 15 minutes to develop the flavour.
- Drain and discard the liquid after allotted time.
- If using frozen tilapia fillets, make sure they are completely defrosted before seasoning.
- Preheat the AirFryer to 160 degrees for 5 minutes and then cover the basket with aluminium foil to keep the fillets warm while marinating. Aluminium foil serves as a barrier between the fish and the device.
- Cook the fish in the AirFryer at 160 degrees for 15 minutes. Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of the tilapia fillets and the type of air fryer used.
- Turn the fillets sparingly halfway through.
- Remove and serve with, for instance, farofa made from plantains.
3. AirFryer Tilapia Milanese Recipe
- Tilapia fillets, 2 (4 elevens)
- ¼ cup flour (all-purpose)
- a single egg
- Lemon juice, 2 tbsp
- a quarter teaspoon of salt
- Breadcrumbs, 0.22 pound
- 1 tablespoon seasoning with lemon and pepper
- Non-sticky cooking spray
- 1 lemon, peeled and cut into wedges
Step by step preparation method
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius), as the manufacturer recommends.
- Before coating both sides of the tilapia fillets with flour, pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a shallow dish, whisk the egg, lemon juice, and salt together; in another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and lemon pepper spice.
- To begin, dip the floured fish in the egg and then in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Push firmly down on the breadcrumbs to ensure they adhere to the fish.
- Using cooking spray, coat both sides of the fish.
- Cook the fillets for 5 minutes in the frying basket. Continue cooking for 3 minutes longer, turning the fish halfway through with a spatula.
- Serve garnished with lemon slices.
- Calories per serving: 328.8
- Carbohydrates: 35.3 g
- 6 g of triglyceride
- Fatty acids that are saturated 1 gramme
This product contains no hydrogenated oils.
We wish you the best and invite you to share your thoughts on these airfryer tilapia recipes in the comments section below.